News & Future Events
Sunday morning services
Our Sunday morning services are now taking place at Church at 10.30am every Sunday. Online service also available.
No evening services in September.
Open to anyone not self-isolating or showing any symptoms
We understand there will be mixed feelings and want to make everyone feel safe and comfortable returning to Church.
The following measures will be in place:
· Doors & windows open for ventilation
· Seating will be 2m apart (families encouraged to sit together)
· Service length limited to approx. 1 hour
· Self-service refreshments provided at the end of service in the main church (please don’t go to the kitchen/servery)
· Toilets will be limited to max 2 people at a time. Disabled toilet available.
We ask you to:
· Not attend if showing symptoms or required to self-isolate
· Not arrive before 10.15am
· Sanitise hands on entry and exit
· Sign in using NHS app or on list in foyer
· Wear a facemask when moving around inside Church. Can be removed when sat down.
· Be considerate when singing. If singing without mask please ensure to leave 2m gap between you and people in front of you.
· Mingle outside after the service (weather permitting) or maintain social distance inside.
· Follow government guidance on self-isolation after symptoms and/or positive test/contact tracing/returning from foreign travel.
Church Fun Day
NHS Christian Networks
Karen Flood is setting up NHS Christian networks across the UK and wants to spread the message far and wide. Here's a little video to explain what it's about and how to get involved.
Introduction to Listening Skills Course
Listening Post will be running their popular 30 hour Introduction to Listening Skills course from the 14th Sept - 23rd Nov. The course will take place on Tuesday evenings 6.30pm - 9pm and will include 1 Saturday workshop. Cost £195.
Contact Listening Post for a booking form:
01452 383820 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prayer Group
If you have any prayer requests or would like to link up with us please contact Tina Ash
Tewkesbury Community Response
This a group of volunteers who can offer help for those self isolating or vulnerable during the Covid pandemic.
If you need assistance with food, prescription or vital supplies collection; a foodbank e-voucher; someone to chat to or some other form of help, you can reach us by:
Phone: 07492 395920
The website has links to lots of sources of help and advice for various needs.
Assistall Voucher Codes
Another new way to raise funds for the Church and other charities while saving you money on your shopping.
This website has exclusive offers and voucher codes that can be used in many retailers such as Iceland, Bunches, Paperchase, Under Armour and more.
Community Build Fundraising
Did you know you can generate free funds for Community Build whenever you shop online at over 4,400 leading retailers via Give as you Live online?
It's totally free to use and with top offers from retailers like John Lewis, Amazon and eBay, you could save money and get that feel-good factor by helping our Church Community Build project for free.
Join for free today: https://www.giveasyoulive.com to support Tewkesbury Baptist Church.
Help Raise Funds for our Church
Any purchases from Amazon can now support our Community Build fund. Please shop at smile.amazon.co.uk and choose Tewkesbury Baptist Church and Amazon donates.
See the new Community Build page on our website for details of the proposed plans for the extension and remodelling of the Church building.
Tewkesbury Residents Handbook
The Church is listed in this handbook